Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We are the champions...



Abigail's softball season started last Tuesday with their open tournament. This was my first experience as a parent of a softball player. I never realized until that day how competitive I was. I was so excited watching her play. She plays third base. She is actually pretty good at it. As long as the coaches tell her what to do with each play, she does it well!! I was so proud of her. She also made many singles, a few doubles, one triple, and one home run!!! The team won their game and played again on Thursday. Thursday's game went really well, and they won again. Saturday was the interesting day. Our day started out with the two undefeated teams playing against one another. The game started at 9:00 and after all the "protest" by the coaches of the other team..we finished the game at 11:00. Needless to say we WON. We played two more games and finally won First place "undefeated". I was so proud of Abigail. She played hard and made some great outs!! The whole team played well. Abigail was sick with strep throat the whole time. One player played with a pulled hamstring, and another had a sore ankle. Through all of that, they stuck together as a team and won. I hope you enjoy the video and pic.

3 comments:

Bronie said...

great job abigail! hope you feel better soon!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! Awesome! I love that picture! Whoo hoo!!

The growing Adkinson family said...

Too cute. She is just a little Mike. Congrats Abby on a great win. It is hard to believe how big she is getting. She will be what 8 in December?