Saturday, June 7, 2008

Please do not Fear...We are still here











To all of my faithful readers (all of about 3?? hahaha) We are still here. We have been very busy. This week was our annual vacation bible school. I have told some of you that this is the biggest outreach our church is involved with. We had around 300 people a day involved with VBS. It breaks down to be around 200 students and 100 teachers and volunteers. Our church is filled with school teachers. This allows us to hold our VBS during the morning hours. We start at 8:30 and finish around 11:30. I think that is the reason we have such a huge turn out...ya know free child care. hahahaha. This year I was the secretary. After this week, I have a new respect for secretaries. It was one crazy day after another. In the end, this was a life changing week for some of our students. Decisions were made, and the angels rejoiced!!! The theme this year was Outrigger Island: Living God's Unshakable Truth. So many of the rooms were decorated in a Hawaiian theme. I am including some pics of decorated rooms, and students having fun. Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Scott said...

Looks like you had a great time! Next time you need to invite me to the islands. I do a mean hula dance!

Bronie said...

looks like fun...bet you're glad it's over! :D

SouthAsiaRocks said...

yay! Love VBS! fun!

RichFam said...

okay girl...

Get a new post up already! It's been like a week! ha ha ha :o)